Thursday 21 July 2011

Mexican Food Part I

Mr. Taco Truck, Quarry Bay


In Los Angeles, California, where I lived for seven years, the Latino community (Spanish/Mexican/Hispanic) made up a high proportion of the population. It was then that I was introduced to their ever so popular ethnic foods, Burritos and Tacos, prepared inside an infamous motor vehicle they called Taco Trucks. You can always count on a mouth watering and hunger satisfying experience without having to pay more than USD$5. 

Here’s a video of what the Latino community is and an introduction of their ethnic foods:


As my passion grew for Mexican foods, I gave myself another challenge when I returned to HK. It was to find an authentic but casual Burrito and Taco shop. I’m not talking about a fancy, overpriced sit-down restaurant that has air-conditioning and a full-sized mariachi music band, but rather a hole-in-the-wall place where it would difficult to accommodate more than ten people.  And Mr. Taco Truck in Quarry Bay was exactly what I was looking for.



Its interior was built as a replica of a taco truck built within the storefront.
Their menu ranged from tacos, burritos, nachos, enchiladas, and quesadillas. A wide variety of the Mexican cultural foods were offered at a very reasonable price.

The customers were mostly expatriates and/or people like me, the CBCs and ABCs (Canadian born Chinese and American born Chinese).
 
Here are my overall ratings of this place: 
Food: 4/5
Atmosphere: 3/5
Hygiene: 4/5
Value for Money: 4/5

If you’ve never tried Mexican food before, this will be a good experience for you.  My recommendation is to try the Beef Taco, Chicken Burrito and the Super Nachos.  Enjoy!

Mr. Taco Truck
Shop E, G/F
Oceanic Building
22 Finnie St., Quarry Bay
Tel: 2590-6911




Bernice O. AKA "The Ultimate Eating Machine"
 

1 comment:

  1. Mexican food is so hard to find Hong Kong! Especially good mexican food. Thanks for the tip! I'll give the beef taco a try!

    ReplyDelete