Saturday 16 July 2011

Formosa Autumn (Taiwan & shanghai cuisine)

I went to this little Taiwanese food restaurant last weekend. The restaurant is kind of a hidden one situated in a back street in Quarry Bay. It claimed to offer the "local-est" Taiwanese food and Shanghainese food. Obviously, the term "local" sounded too tempting, and I went in. : D
I ordered three dishes in total. On the right hand side, you'll see the dish called "deep fried pork-chop". It is served with shanghai-style rice, i.e. mixed with vegetable.
Well, this one was only okay as there was no sauce at all and it felt a bit dry (I am kind of sauce-lover).
On the left is the Shanghainese dish "pork with garlic sauce". This one confused me at first when it was served, as it looked totally different from the usual ones I ate in other restaurants. It wasn't that fat, and it also wasn't served with cucumber. Most importantly, it had no garlic!!!!!!
Erm...the garlic was inside the sauce that came alongside.
WEIRD.

The last dish was the "crispy fried chicken with rice". This one is a local Taiwanese dish and I loved it a lot! The chicken was soooo crispy outside yet it was sooo unexpectedly juicy inside! (I finished it too fast and could't manage to take a "just-served" photo, sorry!!!)
Well, for your information, it's the plate on the right side in the photo ------>


Talking about the decoration, all of the restaurant furniture is wooden and they have plain white walls to allow customers put their own "graffiti" on the wall; well, as you might have noticed in the first picture, the wall was already full so I think that's why I couldn't see anyone doing that on that night.
Funny, though, how low cost-furnishing could be regarded as a special feature of this restaurant.


Ratings:
Atmosphere : 
***
Food:***
Staff: **
Overall ratings: ***
Rachel Hui



No comments:

Post a Comment