Thursday 14 July 2011

Oh Sushi & Tappas, Cyberport


Japanese food has always been an important part of my diet, particularly sashimi. Being raised in Vancouver, Canada, the supply of seafood was fresh and, needless to say, abundant, making it the ideal environment for sashimi restaurants to thrive.  So my first mission when I came to Hong Kong, was to find a Japanese restaurant that could live up to my expectations. A few key criteria: Freshness, Taste, and Presentation. Although Japanese restaurants are plentiful in Hong Kong, none quite matched the depth of flavors and quality of freshness I came to expect in Vancouver...until I found a hidden treasure tucked away in Hong Kong’s southern district version of Silicon Valley known as Cyberport with an alfresco atmosphere. That restaurant was called, Oh Sushi & Tappas.



A simple yet delectable sashimi platter is a dish you must try! All the favorites are there, including fatty salmon, toro, amaebi (shrimp) and also a few exotic selections such as Kanpanchi and Arcidae (Ark Clam). 






There’s also a reason why “Tappas” is included in the restaurant’s name. The tappas on offer are treated with as much care and consideration as the sashimi. Order a tappas platter and you’ll get a bite size of everything, including Wasabi Octopus, Glow in the dark Squid, Plum jelly-fish and Salmon Yukke. Mouth watering. 

Aside from the gourmet choices on offer above, they also serve a wide variety of Japanese cuisine classics, such as tempura, ramen and hot pots.


The most exciting experience I have to share with you all was that I got the opportunity to go behind the sushi bar where the sushi chefs taught me how to wrap my own scallop sushi roll!  Arigato, Oh Sushi!






Oh Sushi & Tappas
Shop 307, The Arcade
100 Cyberport Road
Cyberport, HK
Tel: 2989-6286 






Bernice O. AKA “The Ultimate Eating Machine”

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sashimi looks really fresh and delectable! How does Oh Sushi & Tappas's prices compare with other top-tier Japanese restaurants in Hong Kong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in Cyberport and have found Oh Sushi & Tappas to be my favorite Friday lunchtime treat. Me and my coworkers end up ordering several dishes each. I'll have to try the Kanpanchi and Arcidae next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. on their menu is a ramen selection that has an amazing pork bone broth. while their sushi is amazing dont overlook the other items on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you got to "go behind the scenes" and prepare your own sushi! How fun! I also found the staff and service there to be friendly, open, and personable. A great dining experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the albacore toro was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete